Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level and operating at Board level.
- Strong ‘people person’ experience of inspiring and maintaining a cohesive workforce, bringing a strong track record of delivering high performance with staff and volunteers.
- Strong financial acumen and evidence of commercial thinking and income development.
- An understanding of the role that organisational culture plays and embedding a new culture.
- Experience and exposure to commissioning/commissioners and complex contract negotiation.
- Experience of leading business planning and performance management processes with evidence of success. Leadership skills and the ability to develop and implement vision and strategic plans.
- Experience of transformation, in widest sense from systems, processes, IT through to products and service offerings.
- An understanding of charity governance and knowledge of income generation activities including commissioning, fundraising and partnerships.
- Experience of networking, persuading and influencing key stakeholders, including policy makers, politicians, partners and stakeholders.
- Sharp strategic planning abilities, with excellent financial acumen and awareness to translate strategy into performance and evidence of commercial thinking and income development.
- Communication and engagement skills that inspire change in outlook and thinking. Able to present in an impactful and effective manner with different audiences.
- Interpersonal and influencing skills that secure trust and confidence.
- Awareness of social, economic and political influences that could impact the organisation.
- Intellectually able to solve complex problems
- Credible and approachable leadership style. Has presence and is both trusted and respected. Uses emotional intelligence to build connection and win loyalty from others.
- Flexible and adaptable when leading and delivering change.
- Strong and authentic empathy and engagement with human right’s issues.
- Ability to demonstrate drive, energy and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrably high levels of integrity and consistency.
- Tactful, resilient and calm under pressure.
- Confident and decisive, whilst able to deal sensitively with difficult and challenging issues.
Salary: Circa £100k
Contract: This is a permanent full-time appointment.
Location: Hybrid working with visibility across all offices.
Pension: POhWER currently operates a pension plan with The People’s Pension and contributes a flat rate of 3% into the scheme once members make a 5% contribution to their plan from pensionable salary.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Cash Wellbeing Healthcare Plan Cover.
- Death in service benefit.
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days pro rata annual leave.
- 1 Community Leave Day per annum.
- Bike to work scheme.