Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Able to champion and articulate our values of equality, diversity, and inclusion and actively work with others to build and lead an environment where our organisation, membership, programmes and partnerships actively pursue and reflect these.
- Experience in developing and implementing an organisation wide strategy for programme excellence, built on stakeholder engagement and collaboration.
- Have a proven track record of successfully designing and delivering large-scale, multi-stakeholder projects and grants within a cognate environment.
- Proven experience of effective strategic thinking, detailed planning, and shaping new services which contribute to organisational growth.
- Be a values driven leader demonstrating strong levels of emotional intelligence and an ability to empathise with the needs of NHS staff, volunteers and patients with a good understanding and commitment to the value of the NHS charity sector and their ability to transform patient and workforce experience.
- Experience of leading, motivating and supervising experienced, diverse and remote staff teams across a number of different programmatic areas: creating and supporting high performing teams.
- Experience of building strong relationships with senior external stakeholders.
- Experience in project management; skilled at maintaining momentum and finding solutions to unexpected challenges.
- Experience managing substantial budgets.
- Understand the landscape of member services, grant making and management , ideally within the NHS or Health charity sector.
- Knowledge and experience of leading membership services.
- Proven expertise in organisational change and organisational change management processes.
- Experience of tending or commissioning impact evaluation.
- Experience of using CRM tools, ideally in the context of membership, programme or grants delivery.
- This is a role for an experienced inclusive, visionary leader, who has the passion and determination to effectively drive decisions, practice and impact in a fast moving, high stakes environment.
- Evidence the confidence to influence and operate effectively at Board level.
- Be an inspirational and positive leader who has experience effectively leading geographically dispersed operational teams.