The Mayor’s Fund is a dynamic organisation, with a small dedicated staff team, achieving impact though a wide range of partnerships. The successful candidate is likely to be a multi-faceted individual, able to move between conversations re operational reach and impact, fundraising and business development. The successful candidate will need to be able to balance strategic thinking with the day-to-day reality of running the staff team.
- Providing overall responsibility for the implementation of the Mayor’s Fund for London strategy on behalf of the Trustee Board.
- Ensuring the charity has fit for purpose operational plans in place and a robust financial strategy, underpinned by the right management systems and structures to carry out its work effectively, accountably and safely.
- Ensuring the charity’s values (of ambition, inclusivity, being informed and collaboration) flow throughout the culture of the organisation, including by demonstrating these by example.
- Providing leadership across the staff team and with partners.
- Managing the senior management team, ensuring that they are individually performing and collectively are more than the sum of their parts.
- Ensuring that a commitment to diversity and inclusion is embedded in everything the Mayor’s Fund does.
- Supporting the Board of Trustees by ensuring the production of good quality, timely papers and supply of information to help them take decisions in an effective way.
- Supporting with the recruitment and onboarding of new Trustees.
- Ensuring that the wider Mayor’s Fund structures, including its Youth Board, add value to the organisation and to its members.
- Ensuring the charity complies with all statutory and regulatory duties.
- Supporting the Director of Finance in the production of budgets, forecasts and financial reports.
- Working closely with the Director of Business Development and other senior staff in the development and execution of the fundraising strategy, which continues to grow and diversify income and build strong relationships with supporters.
- Taking a lead role in relation to some major funding proposals and relationship, including with major donors.
- Working with the staff team to develop and deliver major funding events, including the introduction of an annual dinner/fundraising auction.
Relationships and communications
- Ensuring strong and effective relationships with a wide range of partners, including funders.
- Leading the relationship with the Greater London Authority and the Office of the Patron.
- Working with the marketing team to ensure there is a robust marketing strategy in place, including through digital marketing.
- Being an ambassador for the organisation at external audiences, including at conferences and similar events.
- Acting as a spokesperson to the media as and when appropriate.