The Mayor’s Fund is looking for a dynamic, forward thinking leader, passionate about the charity’s mission and hungry to grow the impact and reach of the charity. Working with the Trustee board, staff team and wide range of partners, the successful candidate will be able to see opportunities, build opportunities and mobilise resources to deliver opportunities for young Londoners from low-income backgrounds.
The key attributes of our next Chief Executive include:
- Passion for our mission and commitment to the values of the charity. You will be ambitious for our organisation and for the young people we serve. You will have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and embedding this even further at the heart of our charity’s work.
- A track record in driving growth and impact. We are looking for a candidate who is able to spot and/or create opportunities and help the team and its partners bring them to fruition.
- Previous success in income generation, whether from corporates, trusts or donations, public fundraising or individual donors.
- Experience or knowledge of how to grow the profile of our charity and how to forge partnerships that deliver. Experience of digitalisation would be an advantage.
- Dynamism – ours is a fast paced environment, with the successful candidate thriving in a team which is delivering, at any one time, on a number of fronts.
- A track record as an inclusive and supportive manager, able to get the best out of their team, whilst delivering for the organisation.
- Having a collaborative approach, which manifests itself in how you do business both inside the charity and with partners.
- The ability to represent the charity in an informed and professional manner. You might not be an expert in our impact areas, but you will be interested and able to act as an informed ambassador to a range of audiences.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills, with experience of effective and authentic engagement with a wide range of people. We are looking for someone as comfortable talking to young people as to company chief executives or potential donors.
- Good financial skills. You will be experienced in setting and managing budgets.
- A positive mindset. You will be upbeat, with a strong problem solving attitude.
- A commitment to maintaining the Mayor’s Fund for London as a fun and creative place to work, where all staff thrive.